woensdag 31 augustus 2011

Sonobe 270
















Een paar maanden gelezen lazen jullie mijn bericht over de mislukte Sonobe bol. Ik kon het niet laten en ben weer begonnen met het vouwen van de elementen. Deze keer heb ik eerst de 270 elementen gevouwen en toen het geheel in elkaar gezet. Nu met lijm. De bol heb ik opgevuld met papieren zakdoekjes, bijna 2 pakjes. Opvulling vond ik nodig omdat de constructie niet stevig genoeg was.
De bol heeft een doorsnede van ongeveer 15 cm.

A few months ago, you all read my contribution about the Sonobe module gone wrong. I could not resist it, and started folding  once more. This time, I folded the 270 parts first and assembled them afterwards. Now with glue. I stuffed the sphere with paper handkerchiefs, almost 2 packages. I found it necessary to stuff it, the construction had not the strenght it needed. The diameter of the ball is about 15 cm.

Het papier dat ik heb gebruikt is vierkant memopapier, iets minder dan 9x9 cm. Uit 1 vel gaan 4 elementen. Eerst maakte ik de basisvouwen, toen sneed ik het in vieren. Vervolgens maakte ik de module af. Het eerst vouwen van de basisvouwen scheelt tijd. Is dat luiheid of efficiency? Het vouwen van de delen nam iets meer dan 8 uur in beslag (niet achterelkaar!) het in elkaar zetten kostte me 2 dagdelen.

The paper I used is square paper, from a memopad, size somewhat smaller than 9x9 cm. I made 4 elements from 1 sheet. First I made the basic folds, the cut it in 4 parts, after which I finished the module. To fold the basic folds first saves time, is this laziness of efficiency? Folding the parts took a bit more than 8 hours (not successively !) assembling took an afternoon and and evening.

Het in elkaar zetten met lijm zorgt ervoor dat er geen gaatjes in de toppen van de piramides ontstaan. Helaas zitten er wel kleine openingen tussen de vijfhoeken en de zeshoeken. Van een afstandje zie je ze haast niet.

Because I assembled the ball with glue, no gaps are visible at the summits of the  pyramids.
Unfortunately, there are little holes between the pentagons and the hexagons. From a distance, they are hardly visible.

3 opmerkingen:

Jolette zei

Ziet er geweldig uit Annemieke!
Ik maak ook altijd eerst de basis vouwen en snij dan het papier doormidden.
Is gewoon handig!

casey zei

You can actually make the model without using glue. I have made two models, one is made using 7.5 cm squares. I found that that model was unstable. I also made another model using 5 cm squares. This model is the most stable of the models. I also tried making one using 2.5 cm squares, but that was too small for me. Here is a picture of the 2.5 cm sonobe model. http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6063/6099891420_2fe471d889_m.jpg
No glue was used and I was thinking about hanging it up because I heard somewhere that if you do, it will pull the units closer together and close the gaps that you see. I would love to see another one you have made without using glue or stuffing.

Conny's Cottage zei

wat gaaf

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...